Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Dreamer Student Services


Becoming a Student

It is easy to become a student at College of the Canyons! First, you will need to complete an application. Our steps to becoming a student are located at If you would like one on one assistance on becoming a student at College of the Canyons, please contact Loida Sanchez at or call 661-362-5891. Loida is in the Outreach office in Canyons Hall on the Valencia campus. We are here to help.


Many students are uncertain if they can become a student, what fees they would have to pay, and if they are eligible for in-state tuition. Sonia DeLeon is here to answer your questions and provide assistance navigating how to become a resident at College of the Canyons. She can be reached at or in the Admissions and Records office on the Valencia campus in Canyons Hall. Sonia is available by appointment, during drop-in hours, or by email. 


Financial Aid

For our students on DACA, who are undocumented or out of status, or on an AB540, please contact our financial aid office for more information. You can contact the financial aid office at 661-362-3215, or by email at

CA DREAM ACT Application

Application to the CA Dreamer Act can be found here.



All undocumented students in California can go to college and receive private or institutional scholarships—even if they students don’t meet eligibility for AB 540/SB 68 or the California Dream Act. 

To apply for the Immigrants Rising Scholarship view the instructions.

Scholarships for Dreamers are also available through www.TheDream.US.


Click here to view PDF version of flyer

Academic Counseling

At College of the Canyons we have dedicated counselors who meet with students one on one, in drop-in sessions, and in workshops. Every student is more than welcome to meet with any counselor. To make a counseling appointment, you can visit the Counseling website.

Mental Health Counseling

At College of the Canyons, our Student Health and Wellness Center provides many resources for our students. The goal is to help keep students physically and mentally healthy so students can succeed in school and life. The Center provides clinical services, health education, referrals, and assistance with obtaining health insurance. For more information, you can visit the Student Health and Wellness Center website. You can also contact Mary Manuel at  

Basic Need Center (BaNC)

The Basic Needs Center (BaNC) is a one-stop locale providing free food, clothing, personal hygiene items, and assistance with housing and social services coordinated through community providers. All currently enrolled students qualify for services in the BaNC. The BaNC is located in the Student Center room 123B on the Valencia Campus and in room 202A on the Canyon Country campus. For more information please visit their website.  You can also contact Brenda Clarke at for assistance. 

Employment and Work Experience Assistance

The College of the Canyons, Career Center offers many services for our students to help prepare them for employment or work experience. Our job developers work with each student and can assit them with resumes, preparing for an interview, apply for an internships, determine jobs they are eligible for, and complete employment or work permit paperwork. If you need assistance, please contact the Career Center at 661-362-5476 to schedule an appointment with a Job Developer.

Student Clubs and Organizations

At College of the Canyons, we have many clubs and organizations dedicated to our student’s needs. The Campus Life and Student Engagement Office has an ongoing list of active clubs and organizations. The list of active clubs and organizations are available here. College of the Canyons also has many Alliances for students to join. An Alliance is a group of students who have the same affiliation. This group is formed to provide support, create a community, and create change. 


PNG Version

PDF Version