Skip to main contentSkip to footer

How to Request an IRS Tax Return Transcript

Beginning with the 2012-2013 award year, students selected for verification will be required to submit a copy of the IRS Federal Tax Return transcript. The Financial Aid Office will no longer accept copies of form 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. Students and parents must obtain an official transcript of their Federal Tax Return from the IRS. How to request an IRS Tax Return Transcript?

  • Request online at
    • To obtain an IRS tax return transcript online, go to and click on the “View Your Account” link on the main menu. Under "Individual," click on the "Tax Record (Transcript)" link under the "Your Information" column. Then, simply click on "Get Transcript Online." If you do not have a login account, you will be required to create one with the IRS in order to access your transcript(s). Be sure to request the “Return Transcript” and NOT the “Account Transcript.” You will be able to view and print your Return Transcript immediately. Please print the document and submit it to the Financial Aid Office.
  • Request by calling the IRS at (800) 908-9946
  • Request by mail, by completing form 4506T-EZ from the IRS website

An IRS Tax Return Transcript is required to verify the income reported on the FAFSA. The best way to verify income is by using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool on the FAFSA. Click here for directions on how to do the IRS Data Retrieval or how to request your IRS Tax Return Transcripts.