Want to get involved at COC? Join ASG!
What is the Associated Student Government?
ASG is the representative voice of the students at College of the Canyons. It is also responsible for coordinating social, cultural, educational and service events for the campus. It works closely with campus departments, the local community as well as state officials to ensure all students have the opportunity to succeed.
How Can I Apply to ASG?
All students at College of the Canyons are encouraged to serve in ASG.
- Any COC student that is currently enrolled in at least 5.0 units (at least 3.0 units at CCC for CCC officers only) and has a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative grade point average for all college work taken at COC.
- For students who have not attended COC, a 2.0 grade point average for their most recent year of school.
- Candidates for Canyon Country Campus officer positions must have taken at least one class prior to their appointment or be enrolled in at least one class during their appointed term of office if they have not already taken a class at the Canyon Country Campus.
- If you are interested in applying, please visit the Campus Life and Student Engagement (ASG Computer Lab in CCC-204) or contact Joanna Kelly at (661)362-3865 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Join ASG?
1) Priority Registration
2) Student Scholarship
3) Looks great on college apps!
4) Make new friends
5) Have fun while improving COC!
For more information about ASG including scheduled events, meeting agendas, and officer roles please visit the Campus Life & Student Engagement - Associated Student Government website.