Steps to becoming an Inspire Scholars Student
- Apply to College of the Canyons – It may take up to 48 hours for you to receive a student identification number.
- Complete the College of the Canyons online assessment through the Assessment Center to determine your English and Math course placement. If available, it is helpful to have a copy of your high school transcripts for reference.
- Complete the online Orientation for College of the Canyons from your MyCanyons account.
- Complete the Inspire Scholars Application.
- Current/Former Foster Youth - Obtain a copy of your Ward of the Court Letter and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you do not have your letter, please call the California Foster Youth State Ombudsman at 1-877-846-1602 to obtain one.
Once we receive your Inspire Scholars application and review eligibility, we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
We are glad that you are here and we look forward to meeting you!