College NOW! is a special admissions program that allows high school juniors and seniors to take college level classes while benefitting from having enrollment fees waived.
Students in grades K-10 may be admitted if identified at the "genius level" through the WISC (Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children) test. A student identified as a genius would be a student in K-10 who has a score of 150 or higher on the most current version of the WISC test. Those students meeting this criteria should contact the Admissions & Records office for more information.
Eleventh and 12th grade high school students who wish to take College of the Canyons classes must complete the steps below. College Now! students attending part-time may not enroll in more than 11.0 units per term and are exempt from paying unit enrollment fees. All other term fees, including non-resident tuition fees, must be paid at the time of registration. College Now! students who want to attend College of the Canyons full-time must be released from high school to do so. This means the student will be attending College of the Canyons full-time and not attending high school for the entire term. If a high school student is approved by their high school to attend full time, the student must pay the enrollment fee for all units.
College NOW! Student Checklist
Step 1 - Complete Online Application
- Complete an application for each semester you plan to attend.
- You will receive an email within one business day with your COC ID number.
- Create a My Canyons student account using your COC ID number.
- You will receive a My Canyons username and password and COC email.
Step 2 - Complete Online Orientation
- Complete the one-time Online Orientation accessed through your My Canyons account.
Step 3 - Submit a College NOW! Form (click here for the Summer College NOW! Form)
- Submit a College NOW! Form for the semester you plan to attend to Admissions & Records
Office on the Valencia or Canyon Country campus before high school registration date.
- Your high school counselor will recommend and approve the degree-applicable COC course you plan to enroll in.
Step 4 - Register & Pay Fees
- Register online through your My Canyons account or in person at the Admissions & Records office at the Valencia or Canyon Country campuses.
- You can find your registration date and time in your My Canyons account.
- Enrollment Fees are waived for high school students ($46/unit). However, payment for all other college fees are due at the time of registration. If you do not pay your fees, you will be dropped from your class(es). You are responsible for dropping your classes even if you no longer plan to attend. If you do not attend the first day of class, you will be dropped by the instructor and your seat may be given to another student. Be sure to follow through with deadlines and policies accessible in the college catalog. P lease check the Student Business Office for more information on fees.
- Planning on enrolling in a higher level language course? (Ex: Spanish or Sign Language) - Make sure to submit high school transcripts if you have taken the first levels of the language at your high school.
- Planning on enrolling in an English or Math Course? Assessment in English or Math are needed if you plan or enrolling in an English or Math course, or if a course has an English or Math prerequisite such as Economics 201. Visit the Assessment Center for additional information.
Fall 2019 - College NOW! Sections offered at Hart Dist High Schools
Classes Begin: August 19 @ COC * August 26 @ Hart High Schools
|Section||Course ID||Title||Units||Days||Start Time||End Time||Start Date||End Date||Location|
|43024||ADMJUS-101||Introduction to Admin of Jus||3||MW||06:00PM||07:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Hart|
|43025||ADMJUS-101||Introduction to Admin of Jus||3||TTH||06:00PM||07:45PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Saugus|
|43211||ASTRON-100||Survey of General Astronomy||3||MW||04:00PM||05:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Saugus|
|46415||AUTECH-140||Auto Suspen & Steering Systems||3||MW||03:45PM||04:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Canyon|
|46415||AUTECH-140||Auto Suspen & Steering Systems||3||MW||05:00PM||07:00PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Canyon|
|43018||BUS-100||Intro to Business||3||TTH||03:30PM||05:15PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Bowman|
|43019||BUS-100||Intro to Business||3||MW||03:30PM||05:20PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Canyon|
|43020||BUS-100||Intro to Business||3||TTH||04:00PM||05:45PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Saugus|
|43253||COMS-105||Fund. of Public Speaking||3||MW||04:00PM||05:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Golden Valley|
|43255||COMS-105||Fund. of Public Speaking||3||TTH||04:00PM||05:45PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Hart|
|43254||COMS-105||Fund. of Public Speaking||3||MW||03:30PM||05:20PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Saugus|
|41955||COUNS-110||Career-Life Planning||3||TTH||03:30PM||05:15PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Golden Valley|
|41489||ECE-101||Child Growth and Development||3||TTH||03:30PM||05:20PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Canyon|
|43843||ECE-101||Child Growth and Development||3||MW||03:30PM||05:20PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||West Ranch|
|45506||HLHSCI-101||Intro to Health Professions||3||W||06:00PM||09:20PM||8/28/2019||12/4/2019||Hart|
|45507||HLHSCI-101||Intro to Health Professions||3||TH||05:00PM||08:40PM||8/29/2019||12/5/2019||Saugus|
|45505||HLHSCI-101||Intro to Health Professions||3||T||05:00PM||08:20PM||8/27/2019||12/3/2019||Valencia|
|45463||KPET-200||Intro to Kinesiology||3||MW||05:00PM||06:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Canyon|
|45464||KPET-200||Intro to Kinesiology||3||MW||06:00PM||07:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||West Ranch|
|43678||MEA-100||Mass Media and Society||3||TTH||03:30PM||05:15PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||West Ranch|
|43679||MEA-102||History of Animation||3||MW||03:30PM||05:20PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Saugus|
|43529||MUSIC-107||History of Rock & Roll||3||TTH||04:00PM||05:45PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Saugus|
|42018||PHILOS-101||Intro to Philosophy||3||MW||04:00PM||05:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Valencia|
|41387||PHOTO-140||History of Photography||3||TTH||04:00PM||05:45PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Hart|
|41386||PHOTO-150||Cameras and Composition||3||MW||06:00PM||07:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Golden Valley|
|43675||PSYCH-101||Intro to Psychology||3||TTH||04:00PM||05:45PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Golden Valley|
|42407||SIGN-101||American Sign Language I||4||MW||05:30PM||07:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Saugus|
|42409||SIGN-102||American Sign Language II||4||TTH||06:00PM||08:15PM||8/27/2019||12/5/2019||Valencia|
|41566||SOCI-101||Intro to Sociology||3||MW||04:00PM||05:50PM||8/26/2019||12/4/2019||Saugus|
Search our online class schedule at www.canyons.edu/schedule.