College Catalog (2023-2024)
- See the printed page 186 (or pages 188-189 when scrolling online).
- The AP course equivalency list is on printed page 23 (or pages 24-25 when scrolling online).
Math Placement Levels (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5)
eLumen (course outlines)
If the page link to eLumen states "Your session expired," please do the following:
- click on "Click here to reconnect"
- scroll down to select Mathematics
- select the course you are interested in, and then
- click on the Course Outline Report in the last column.
Within a course outline, focus on the areas that are bold printed below
- General Information (for Course Description)
- Associated Programs
- Transferability and Gen.Ed.Options
- Units and Hours: Default Units and Hours
- Learning Outcomes and Objectives
- Course Outline
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics)
Math 102 (or 102X), Math 104, Math 211, Math 212, Math 213, Math 214, Math 215
Trigonometry, Precalculus, Calculus I, II, II, Linear Algebra, and Differential Equations
Math 103 (or 103X), Math 240
College Algebra, Calculus for Business and Social Science
Business majors usually need to complete statistics as well. Please check with a COC counselor if you are a business major.
Math 140 (or 140X, or 140H)
Math 100, Math 130
Liberal Arts Mathematics, Math for Elementary School Teachers
If you have questions about your placement or which path to take, please check with
the counseling department.