Get ready for online learning!
Online Education Readiness Self-Assessment
The questions rate your skills from "Not at all like me" to "Extremely like me." There are no wrong answers. Just answer each question as to how it best describes you to get the most accurate assessment of your readiness for online learning.
With your assessment results, we will provide you with resources and recommendations to help you prepare and be successful in your courses!
How to Get Ready for the New Semester:
The following steps include tips, guides and resources to help you get your semester off to a great start.
Internet Access Options
- On Campus WiFi Map
- Home Internet Options - This website will allow you to see what low cost internet options are available in your area.
- As a student of College of the Canyons, you have access to Microsoft Office online applications for use on your personal computer. See How to Access Microsoft Office Online.
- Microsoft Office for Mobile Devices
- Discount Microsoft Office Subscription - College Buys
Discounted Student Software and Hardware
- CanyonsID Login Help - Students
- How to login to CanyonsID for the First Time
- Video Instructions for how to login to CanyonsID
Canyons M Mobile App
- To access your student email, please visit mail.my.canyons.edu
- For student account support please contact the Welcome Desk
- call (661) 362-3398
- Check your class schedule and to confirm how your class will be conducted (See this guide for more info about each of these formats).
- Read your instructor's orientation letter for information about their course, such as their required textbooks(s), instructional materials, important dates, scheduled online meeting times, proctored exams, or other course requirements.
- Find your course materials with the COC Bookstore's Course Finder, or at Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC).
On the first day of your course:
- Log into Canvas: coc.instructure.com
- Access your course
- Complete any first-day assignments
- Check out our Top Canvas Tips for more information for using Canvas.
Have a scheduled Zoom class meeting?
If you have a scheduled class meeting via Zoom, your instructor will share the Zoom meeting link with you in Canvas and/or via email.
- Click on the link to join the meeting.
If the meeting link requests that you register, you may need to first create a free Zoom account using your COC My Canyons email address.
- Adobe Creative Cloud is available for California Community College students to purchase at a discounted price. See: Discount Adobe Subscription - College Buys
- SPSS - How to access SPSS
- ArcGIS - Contact your instructor
- AutoDesk - Download AutoDesk
- Honorlock - Honorlock Support for Test-Takers
We are updating this list on an ongoing basis so if you don't see what you need now, please reach out to your instructor and they can let us know.