In an effort to minimize and mitigate the spread of coronavirus, Professional Development has moved to a social-distancing remote work environment. During this time, Professional Development staff will be checking emails regularly and responding during normal business hours. For specific inquiries, please use the below contact information:
Director, Professional Development
Professional Development Technician
Access to Online Trainings
Vision Resource Center
The Vision Resource Center is a new portal dedicated to providing the exceptional support needed to meet the goals and commitments of the Vision for Success through the Guided Pathways framework.
- Log into the Vision Resource Center website at https://visionresourcecenter.cccco.edu/
- Set up a username and password and then log in.
- Hover over Learn on the navigation bar, choose Learner Home.
- In the Search for Learning bar, type in a specific topic and enter, or scroll down to see options suggested for you.
- Click on the title of the training and launch the training.
Kognito also offers a suite of four online trainings:
- At Risk for Faculty and Staff – Recognize when a student is exhibiting signs of psychological distress and learn how to connect them with the appropriate campus support.
- Veterans on Campus for Faculty and Staff – Learn to support student veterans by building military cultural competency.
To access these trainings, log on to https://ccc.kognito.com/
- You will need to create a username and password.
- Then, click on the training you want to take.
- Complete the training.
EverFi offers several training options for our employee groups. Please see our Training Clusters for ideas. For a complete listing and to be assigned trainings, please e-mail Flavio Medina-Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Harassment & Discrimination
- Data Security and Privacy
- People and Culture
Keenan SafeColleges has a diverse offering of training available. Explore a variety of courses covering a wide range of topics. Please take the time to browse their library and view the courses that interest you. For any questions or trouble logging in, please contact
- Maria Calderon at email@example.com or
- Flavio Medina-Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
The majority of employees are already signed up for a Keenan SafeColleges account and can self-assign classes. Please use this link to login: https://canyons-keenan.safecolleges.com/login
- Emergency Management
- Employment Practices/Supervisory
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Social and Behavioral
Your username is your canyons.edu email address. Once logged in, on the left of the screen there is a symbol for extra training with a play symbol. Please select and choose the courses you’d like to take.
Frontline Education is here!
Register for Professional Development workshops and view your completed Professional Development hours!
Professional Development is excited to announce that we now have a NEW workshop registration and tracking system! It is called Frontline Education, and we think you will find it easy to navigate and use.
College of the Canyons is dedicated to improving the professional growth of its faculty, staff and administratorsby offeringa wide variety of professional development opportunities that support the institution's 12 strategic goals and the personal and professional development goals of employees. The professional development opportunities promote and support excellence in teaching and learning, technological advancement, institutional effectiveness, student support, and the development of model academic and professional programs. They emphasize the importance of creating a sense of community among students and staff, inspire, innovate, and foster the development of leadership skills for all employees.
Professional Development is located in the Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center, Room 386.