Welcome to the VRC!
The College of the Canyons Veterans Resource Center is a department within the Student Services Division at the college, created to help veterans and veteran dependents with applying to College of the Canyons, enrolling in classes, and requesting VA Education or Vocational Benefits. For more information please contact the VRC via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via Zoom, or phone (661) 362-3469.
Special COVID-19 Provisions For Housing Allowance Set to End in June!
- For students receiving a housing allowance as a part of your GI Bill Education Benefits, on June 1, 2022, COVID-19 legislation that permits students to receive their Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) at the resident (in person) rate, while taking courses converted to online training due to COVID-19, such as OnlineLIVE, will end. This means that courses beginning on or after June 2, 2022, students will need to enroll in at least one approved resident (in person) course(s) to continue receiving their MHA at the resident rate. Otherwise, they will receive the online rate, which is half the national average.
COVID-19 information regarding coming to campus COVID-19
- Valencia Campus VRC is open 9am - 5pm Monday - Thursday and 9am - 1pm on Fridays
- Canyon Country Campus VRC is open 9am - 4pm Monday - Thursday and CLOSED Fridays
- Zoom is available 9am - 5pm Monday - Thursday and CLOSED on Fridays
- Office is closed 11am - 12pm on Thursdays for meeting
VA COUNSELING APPOINTMENTS
Students are now able to self-schedule counseling appointments online and in-person with Jesse Vera or Carmen Viveros. Click the link below to to see available appointments for the next 10 days: VA Counseling