Skip to main contentSkip to footer

Welcome to the VRC!

The College of the Canyons Veterans Resource Center is a department within the Student Services Division at the college, created to help veterans and veteran dependents with applying to College of the Canyons, enrolling in classes, and requesting VA Education or Vocational Benefits.


New & Returning Veteran Student New & Returning Military Connected Student
Get Started Here Get Started Here


    • Email:

      Virtual VRC Office Via Zoom

      Days Time
      Monday - Thursday 9am - 5pm
      Friday 9am - 1pm

        Students and Visitors

        Students and visitors can purchase daily or full semester parking permits through My Canyons. The cost for a daily parking permit is $3.00 and for a semester permit is $50.00. We do have discounted permits for qualified students. All information regarding parking permits can be found on this website:

        The permits are virtual, making the vehicle license plate the permit.



        • Students should log into My Canyons and click on the Parking or My Billing tile.
        • They will then log into the park permit system with their CanyonsID Credentials.
        • The students can select the days they want to park on campus or purchase a semester-long permit.
        • Students eligible for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) award or any other program that offers parking at a discounted rate will have a discounted permit as an option to purchase.
        • Payments are made online with a Visa, MasterCard, or Discover card.
        • Students who wish to purchase their parking permit with cash can come to the Student Business Office on the Valencia Campus for purchase.  


        Visitors can now purchase their daily permits online at Visitors will no longer use the permit machines in the parking lots. They can order the permit right from their phone, and it automatically registers the car as having a valid permit for the college. The current parking machines have this message posted to make it easier for visitors to get a permit.

        • Visitors will create a username and password, then select what permit they want to purchase (daily or semester-long).
        • They will then add vehicle information and check out to purchase the permit(s).

        They can select multiple dates all at once when purchasing daily permits.

  • Students are now able to self-schedule counseling appointments online and in-person with Carmen Viveros to develop Student Education Plans, Career Exploration, Petition to Graduate, and MORE! Click the following link to to see available appointments for: VA Counseling
    • The Basic Needs Center (BaNC) provides the following services:

      • Food - grab & go snack items, single serve items, & canned goods
      • Clothing - seasonal clothing & business attire for interview
      • Personal hygiene products
      • CalFresh & Medi-Cal sign up & assistance
      • Housing referral assistance
    • The Academic Accommodations Center (AAC) is dedicated to providing quality services to meet the needs of COC students with disabilities. Only those students who identify themselves to the college and present appropriate documentation of a disability are eligible for accommodations. Students with disabilities should contact the AAC office as soon as possible

      Services may include:

      • Test proctoring in quiet rooms with extended time
      • Alternate format services (e-text, large print, Braille, etc.)
      • Assistive technology instruction
      • Computer lab with assistive software (speech-to-text, text-to-speech, magnification, etc.)
      • Priority Registration
      • Notetaking support (e.g. recorders, Livescribe Pens, volunteer notetaker)
      • Computer Aided Realtime Translation (CART)
      • Sign Language Interpreters
      • Livescribe Smart Pen
      • Disability management counseling
      • Liaison to campus programs and departments
    • Are you a Math, Engineering or Science Major?
      Biology | Bio-Chemistry | Chemistry | Computer Science | Engineering | Geology | Math | Physics | Pre-Med | Pre-Opt | Pre-Vet

      The Mathematics, Engineering and Science Achievement (MESA) program's mission is to assist educationally underrepresented students in understanding and navigating the STEM transfer process in order to successfully graduate with a STEM degree, transfer to a four-year institution, and ultimately become significant and positive contributors to the socioeconomic prosperity of their communities.

      These services include:

      • A designated student study center equipped with computers and software such as MatLab, MiniTab, and AutoCad
      • Tutorial support from both faculty and peer tutors
      • Academic excellence workshops in which MESA facilitators, in consultation with faculty, lead weekly skill-building workshops in math and chemistry
      • Organized study group sessions
      • Professional development workshops, guest speakers and other activities such as financial aid workshops, UC application workshops, lunch with alumni, etc.
      • Overnight STEM book check out (textbooks for Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Engineering)Calculator and laptop loan programs
      • Locker programOnsite counseling, academic advisement
      • Priority registration
      • And much more...leadership, scholarship and research opportunities!
    • The COC Student Employment Office offers an array of jobs on campus that will likely fit your schedule. Working on campus is a convenient way to earn additional money while earning your degree. 

      In order to apply for student employment at College of the Canyons, you must be able to answer yes to all of the following questions:

      • I am currently enrolled in at least six units at College of the Canyons.
      • My cumulative GPA is at least 2.0 or better at College of the Canyons.
      • I am in good standing at College of the Canyons.
      • I am eligible to apply under section 541.2 of the Board Policy governing the hiring of college Assistants.
      • I am not currently working in any other classification on campus.