Skip to main contentSkip to footer

How To Apply for Financial Aid

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid

(U.S. citizens and permanent resident students)

The first step in applying for Federal Student Aid is to create a FSA ID!  The FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid's online system and can serve as your legal signature. Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use. You are not authorized to create an FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member.

Create an FSA ID

You will need personal information such as your Social Security Number, drivers license number, your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen, and Federal tax information or tax returns, including W-2 information to complete your FAFSA. Dependent students will also need this information for their parents.

Be sure to list College of the Canyons as one of the schools you want your FAFSA information sent to.  College of the Canyons Federal School Code is: 008903.

To begin the application process, just complete your FREE Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)!


The California Dream Act Application

(DACA/Undocumented & AB-540 students)

Financial Aid is available to AB-540 students attending a California community college. Thanks to the California Dream Act, AB-540 students at College of the Canyons are now eligible to apply for:

You are an AB-540 eligible student if you meet ALL of the following criteria:

  • Attended a California high school for at least 3 years;
  • Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
  • Are registered or enrolled at a California community college;


  • If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status.

Please see the Admissions Office to determine if you are AB-540 eligible.  For more information, and to begin the application process, visit!