Select the "Agenda" tab (on the right-side of the below Calendar) for an overview of what's taking place this week, and for the links to join online.
Explore Workshop Series and Instructor Retreat Recordings
About the 'Design Thinking Series'
Teaching is more than presenting a concept and asking students to demonstrate that they can repeat it back to us. Arguably, the most important goal of teaching is to spark that dynamic interplay of curiosity, exploration and engagement that results in learning. This series looks at the online learning environment from multiple perspectives, all aimed at giving you the ideas and tools to design effective instruction that engages your students and turns learning into success.
- Getting Started in Canvas
- How to Create a Homepage that Benefits You and Your Students
- You Don't Have to Reinvent the Wheel! Explore the Canvas Commons
- Section 508/ Accessible Design
- Creating Accessible Content in Canvas
- Grading in Canvas
- Canvas Rubrics
- Canvas Assignments - With Helen Graves - YouTube
- 8th Annual Online Instructor Retreat "Building Blocks for Sustainable Online Treaching" August 12, 2022
- 7th Annual Online Instructor Retreat "Galactic Adventures" August 13, 2021
- 6th Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat "Tropical Time" August 14, 2020
- 5th Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat "Lights, Camera, Action" August 7, 2019
- 4th Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat "Road Trip Adventure" August 10, 2018
- 3rd Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat "Take Off" August 16, 2017
- 2nd Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat
- 1st Annual Online & Hybrid Instructor Retreat
To learn how to complete the training components for Canvas, OnlineLIVE, HyFLEX, Online and Hybrid Istructor Certifications, please visit "Want to Teach Online" webpage.
Additional professional development for online instructors
Visit the Online Network of Educators for:
- Online Teaching Showcase
- Course Design Showcase
- Course Design Academy
- @ONE Online Course List
- Byte-sized Canvas videos
Visit the California Community College Vision Resource Center for free online training through Linked In Learning.
For information on receiving Flex credit, please contact College of the Canyons Professional Development.
College of the Canyons offers a variety of professional development opportunities
to support Instructors in the development and delivery of quality online education. These
trainings are provided in coordination with: