Course and Certificate Information For Free Classes
Certificate of Competency: Real Estate
The Noncredit Real Estate program involves the study of California real estate principles,
practices, procedures, and law. Students must successfully complete and
pass the Real Estate Principles class (NC.REAL-100), the Real Estate Practices class (NC.REAL-101), and one additional class (of the student’s choosing from the approved list) in the Real Estate department to academically qualify for the California Real Estate Sales license and examination. These classes may also be applied to the academic requirement for the California Real Estate Broker license and examination.
Students are advised to check current California Department of Real Estate or other applicable agency academic requirements prior to registering for any course to ensure that it satisfies current requirements as a mandatory or elective course for the Real Estate Sales or Real Estate Broker licenses. The CalBRE and other applicable agency requirements change periodically and the Real Estate Program does not warrant that the listed courses meet current requirements.
- NC.REAL 100 REAL ESTATE PRINCIPLES: 45.00 - 60.00 hours Introduces Real Estate fundamentals by emphasizing the concepts of real property ownership, the sale of real property, contract law, real property law, appraisal, financing, and the business aspects of buying and selling real estate under California law. A State of California required course for the Real Estate Sales License exam.
- NC.REAL 101 REAL ESTATE PRACTICES: 45.00 - 60.00 hours Examines the theoretical and practical aspects of real estate operations including ethics, obtaining and processing listings, the fundamentals of escrow, and financing and appraisal within the real estate industry. A State of California required course for the Real Estate Sales License.
Plus one course from the following
- NC.REAL 105 REAL ESTATE FINANCING: 45.00 - 60.00 hours Explores real estate finance in California, including analyses of lending sources, loan processing, governmental loans appraisals and methods of financing commercial and residential properties. This course satisfies one of the California Department of Real Estate Salesperson electives and is required of applicants for the Real Estate Broker examination.
- NC.REAL 115 LEGAL ASPECTS OF REAL ESTATE: 45.00 - 60.00 hours Examines California real estate law including classes of property, fixtures, easements, estates or interests in real property, contracts, agency, conveyances, and security devices. This course satisfies one of the California Department of Real Estate Salesperson electives and is required of applicants for the Real Estate Broker examination.
- NC.REAL 120 REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL: 45.00 - 60.00 hours Examines real estate appraisals, the appraisal process, as well as the different approaches, methods, and techniques used to determine the value of real property, while emphasizing residential and single unit property. Approved by the California Department of Real Estate for Sales and Broker’s educational requirements.
- NC.REAL 130 ESCROW PROCEDURES AND PROCESSING: 45.00 - 60.00 hours Provides an overview of the real estate escrow process emphasizing the procedures used in the state of California. Can be used to satisfy the California Department of Real Estate’s requirement for both Salespersons and Brokers.
To register for these courses, you must be an existing student or apply to be a student at the college.
For Questions Call 661-362-3320 or email PPL@canyons.edu